Thursday, April 15, 2010

"Healthified" Pumpkin Bread

If there's one bread I love more than anything....it's pumpkin bread! Growing up, my Grandma Joan always made the best pumpkin bread around the holidays. It's something you would look forward too! It didn't ever last long though...between Grandma, Grandpa, Dad and I - it seemed to disappear quickly.
Now, I'm not one to eat the normal portion size either! So when I realized just how much fat and calories I was putting in as I devoured half a loaf....it kind of made me sick! So when I stumbled on this amazing healthified recipe, I fell in love... The only thing that bothered me was, is it really going to taste good?? Well, I assure you - it's freakin' awesome! A must try if your a pumpkin bread fan, heck - a must try for everyone!! So go check out the recipe at KitchenMonki, and be sure to let me know how it goes.



Nutritional Information - 1 Slice: Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 240mg; Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 18g); Protein 3g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

1 comment: